A Place for Paper

3.09.2010

Swimming With the Fishes #3



I made it home from Guam! What a great trip it was!
I just wanted to share some of the highlights from the last entry in Miss Fishy.

One day included a very hot and sweaty hike through the jungle
down through this
into this fresh water cave lit by candles for a cool and refreshing swim
then out to the cliffs over the ocean and gorgeous views!


If you think the hot and sweaty hikes through the jungle were over at this point, you would be wrong. There was another one. Down a short but steep cliff
to this beautiful, secluded, not-a-soul-in-sight, pristine beach at sunset.
It makes the hot and sweaty jungle seem incredibly worth it, doesn't it? Look, I even have a smile at the end of it!

We were also able to visit this darling lady, named Thelma who fixed us an African meal that included GOAT! I actually ate goat! I later learned that goat is the highest consumed meat in the world. Who knew? Why couldn't it be chicken?

We snorkeled and visited the beach again

saw the south end of the island

relished in incredible sunsets
and did more diving in crystal clear waters!


When it was time to leave the lovely island, it was hard to go. I think we can all see why. Why would you want to leave a perpetual 85 degrees and sunshine to return to snow? But before I made it back to the mainland I spent a jam-packed, fun-filled 2 day layover in the Land of the Rising Sun (please note the return of my coat).



What a great trip! Thanks Miss Fishy!



No comments:

Post a Comment